Faculty Opening (Non-tenure Track Faculty Position, assigned to Paraguay)::: 2019-11-11 16:38:08
The Department of Civil and Construction Engineering at National Taiwan University of Science and Technology (NTUST or Taiwan Tech) is seeking One outstanding contracted teacher (must be assigned to Paraguay for at least 6 months) at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor level once accepted. Application can be accepted anytime but the recruitment has to be in accordance with related procedures and regulations of Taiwan Tech. Position offered is non-tenure-track and commensurate with qualification and experiences of the applicants as addressed below. The rights and responsibility of Contract teacher please visit NTUST personnel office’s web site.
- Candidates who have an earned Ph.D. degree related to civil or construction engineering.
- Candidates whose expertise is in civil and construction engineering.
- The selected candidates should have the ability to teach undergraduate courses in English, including “Engineering Materials”, “Mechanics of Materials”, and other related courses.
- Resume (please clearly state the academic and working experiences and the major research field) (please use the standard form downloaded from our website).
- B.S., M.S. and Ph.D diplomas (colored copies, foreign qualifications should be verified by Taipei Representative Office abroad). If the Ph.D. diploma is not ready before application deadline, please prepare a letter documenting the expected graduation time signed by his/her supervisor.
- Undergraduate and graduate transcriptions (color copies).
- Ph.D. dissertation.
- Complete publication list and please provide a copy of full papers in the latest 5 years (no more than 10 papers).
- One recommendation letter.
- Statement of research and teaching plans.
- In-Service Certificate or certificate of employment (describe commencement date and cessation day).
- Teacher’s certificate (if you have).
- Other supplemental materials (awards or patents).
- Application form (please download from dept. website, fill and send back to email@example.com before sending the application materials.)
In order to ensure full consideration of teaching positions in 2020, applications must be received by 16 November, 2019.. Please use registered mail and state “Application for faculty position” on the envelope. Application materials will not be returned, please keep the original important personal documents.
To: Professor I-Tung Yang, Chairman of Civil and Construction Engineering Department, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, 43, Sec. 4, Keelung Rd., Taipei, Taiwan.
Tel: +886-2-27376566, 27376565 Fax: +886-2-27376606,
For detail information please visit our web site at: http://www.ct.ntust.edu.tw/ct_eng/
According to QS world university rankings by subject in 2019, NTUST was ranked 257, and the Department was ranked 101~150 in the field of Civil & Structural Engineering.